Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One Year and Counting

A year ago today I met the someone who was going to be my wife, Angela. I've told this story a bunch of times when someone asks, how did you meet? Well I had just moved into a community house associated with the Salvage Yard Church of Jesus Christ, called the Steiger House, and I wanted to see my neighbors who lived down stairs Noah and Wendy. I walked down stairs, and low and behold they had a guest, she was sitting quietly reading her Bible, and her name was Angela. We talked a little and then she had to go to her home for a house meeting, she was in a community house as well. Wendy walked her to the door and I said, "it was nice to meet you", she left, and the first thing that Wendy said was "... why are you smiling Patrick?"
"She seems nice..." I said with a grin from ear to ear.
"She's pretty great, and single." Wendy said with an equally large smile across her face.
"Wendy!" Noah yelled from the back room.
"What?! She is ..." Wendy defending herself, still smiling at me.
Well, the rest is history. She is now Mrs. Thomas, my beautiful flower. It's a little hard to believe that I've only known her one year. Praise God for Angela!

1 comment:

melody said...

CA-razy! I know it...i too remember the pondering about this new person met, only from Angela's point of view. I knew maybe the first, but DEFINITELY the second time I hung out with you two that wedded bliss was meant to be.