Friday, February 1, 2008

God and John McClane?

I am so blessed to be surrounded by such a great cloud of people in my life!! I love to hear what's going on in Liz's life down in Argentina and that Ezra's speaking! And today I got a letter from a dear friend of mine that moved to Rome Italy to join a monastic community, Paul (commonly called "Paul the monk", so I don't confuse him with Libby's Paul). And as I should expect, his letter was very long, with very small tight cursive but very loving as well. Here is an excerpt from his letter:
Fortunately for me, God is infinitely merciful! Not only this, but more! He wants you and I in Heaven with Him more than we do! I heard of a woman, who received messages from God. She asked Him why it was so important to Him. He said because if you choose hell, " I will miss you for all eternity." Nothing stands between us and God except our refusal to repent over and over again

He went on to talk about how amazing community has been for him, he lives with six other brothers. I'm excited for my community life as well! I actually just got back from watching a movie with the house - Live free or Die hard. I think that's why both Paul and I joined community, besides obedience to God, to live free in Christ - ya know, Christ being John McClane and me being the one he drags along learning life's lessons kicking bad guys butt's and saving the day ... I doubt you ever thought of God saying: "Yippee-ki-yay, motherf****r" to satan, but maybe it crossed His mind? I probably just sinned writing that... well, I love God and know that He's won the battle anyway... ok, live free in Christ!

No comments: